My favourite celebration is Christmas and New Year because I have the opportunity to share with my family. Christmas gives me a lot of memories from when I was a child. In Venezuela is a tradition to celebrate, the birth of Jesus each December 25, and each parents give his child a special gift. It puts in my face a big smile, and give us the time to play with each toy, that each kid to had. In my town, we used to played traditional music called "Aguinaldo's". We walked around the town, singing the Aginaldo's music. We visited a lot of house, and each house'owner gives us some traditional food or alcohol. The Christmas represent to me, the time to think about the different things, that you did in the year that is finishing. It is the moment to reflect about the good or bad things that you did. The traditional food by this day is "La Hallaca" and ham's bread. Other food that you can eat in this days is chicken salad, baked turkey, and a special sweet called papaya's sweet. We have by tradition to make these food together, and share some food and drink; this is a glad meets. In this days are common to visit your family and friends, that you don't see frequently because they came town with the equal intention that you have. Other common tradition in these days is wearing new clothes and wait to come the New Year.
I find it interesting how Christmas differs in North and South America. We have a lot of the same traditions, but many countries have added different variations. I like the idea of giving people food and alcohol!
ReplyDeleteCorrections:
Christmas gives me a lot of memories from when I was a child.
It is the moment to reflect about the good or bad things that you did.